We’re hiring a Staff Vue Engineer to be a part of our technology team to build the frontend for Openly's insurance platform. You will play a critical role in designing, building, testing, and maintaining the user experiences and the overall technology ecosystem that power our insurance products and customer experiences.
- Lead technical initiatives
- Spend a lot of time head-down in the code
- Proactively identify challenges, opportunities, and solutions with your team
- Consistently reduce complexity
- Build-on and enhance the front-end web interface that agents use to access our insurance products
- Develop interfaces for internal users to administer agencies, agents, and policies
- Implement design/UX initiatives through collaboration with the Product team
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to create API's to provide a best-in-class experience for our users
- Contribute to important architectural and operational decisions, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, processes, etc.
- Build out our internal tooling and interfaces to make business and engineering processes easier, faster, and safer.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, weekly 1:1's, and biweekly retros
- Provide subject matter expertise and support
- Spread your expertise at the company (e.g. promote best-practices and mentor devs who want to learn from you)
- 8+ years of professional/production experience developing front-end web applications
- Sustained track record of creating improvements in business-critical systems around stability, performance, and scalability.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complete systems from start to finish in a reasonable time frame.
- Ability to explain complex technical challenges to non-technical audiences.
- Mastery of Vue.js with professional/production experience
- Keep up with major frontend & UX design trends & their implementations
- Solid understanding of RESTful API integrations
- Excellent communication skills
Our Tech Stack
- Frontend: VueJS, Webpack, Nuxt, & Tailwind
- Backend/Core: Go & Postgresql
- Research/Data Science: R, ArcGIS, H2O & Python
- Single binary for now, but separate services are likely later
- Our infrastructure runs on Google Cloud. We use: GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Build, and CloudSQL. We use gitlab for both code hosting and running CI/CD pipelines
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contribution, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipend
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristics protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly, will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets--spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
It’s working. We’re now in eight states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
We’re well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world--including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video (https://vimeo.com/267654520) from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on.
How to apply
Please follow the link to apply on our website - https://openly.breezy.hr/p/0e27a34a105c-staff-frontend-engineer/apply