We are Flink - your online supermarket revolutionising the way you do your grocery shopping. With a wide selection of over 2,000 high-quality products, we aim to deliver to your door in just 10 minutes. We put our customers first and ensure all products delivered are fresh and nutritious. In addition to this, we are able to customise our national assortment to be able to offer you unique local products in every city. Our delivery hubs are located in densely populated inner-city locations and we strive to be sustainable by delivering on electric bikes and using packaging that can be recycled.
Founded by experienced e-commerce professionals and backed by some of the most renowned investors in Europe, we are growing rapidly and have a great hunger to continuously challenge ourselves. We pride ourselves in being an inclusive and equal opportunities employer with a diverse and multicultural team. If you want to be part of this exciting journey… read on!
We are currently hiring an exceptional Software Engineer - Go (m/f/d) for a completely greenfield project to build the back end of our groundbreaking Quick Commerce platform.
Our Tech stack that you will be exposed to in this back-end role is Golang, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, and PostgreSQL.
- Help the team with feature development and maintenance across Flink’s arsenal of backend services/microservices.
- Taking part in the discussion and planning of new features.
- Closely collaborate with other teams to deliver value to the end-user.
- Drive the backend chapter towards adapting and experimenting with new technologies.
- Contribute to scaling up the backend team and bringing great talents onboard by conducting interviews and code pairing sessions.
- Experience building scalable and reliable large-scale applications.
- 2 years of commercial experience with Go.
- Comfortable with event-based communication between microservices.
- Familiar with common monitoring / alerting/logging tools such as - Stackdriver, Datadog, NewRelic, Prometheus, ELK).
- Experienced with SQL databases (NoSQL is nice to have).
- Experience using cloud provider platforms like GCP or AWS, and deploying distributed services to Kubernetes. (Terraform knowledge is nice to have).
- Rigour in high code quality, unit testing and integration testing.
- Proficient in applying best practice Design patterns and Design principles when building your software.
- Open-minded personality, comfortable working in an Agile environment and making decisions in a collaborative way with the team.
- Fluent English communication skills.
- A cool 20% off your personal Flink orders, be the first to test out new products!
- A unique opportunity to be an early bird and have an impact on our strategy
- A steep learning curve, the possibility to work in an energised and dynamic team within a fast-paced environment
- Flat company structure, where taking leadership is encouraged.
- For Berlin: A newly renovated and spacious HQ in the heart of Kreuzberg - lots of delicious lunch spots available within short walking distance
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion