The Python Application Developer will utilize best practices and methodologies to design, customize, and integrate with a variety of applications and associated solutions for our clients. Working as part of a team, this position will be expected to accomplish a range of development duties from basic design/configuration to custom development/plugins, data conversion, unit testing, quality assurance, and client support.
- Learn, utilize, and promote Onsharp’s Development Best Practices and Methodology.
- Work with team members and independently to develop, configure, and utilize key third-party products.
- Design custom data structures as required for the application.
- Contribute to current Onsharp solutions and customizations to build products to resell to future clients.
- Utilize internal solutions to develop and maintain source code and track outstanding items following the Onsharp development process. Manage solutions built by the team by merging changes to master source repositories.
- Build integrations to perform data conversion from external systems. Create application integrations as required to support application workflows.
- Complete project documentation such as: Functional Customization Specifications, Solution Design Documents, and User Acceptance Test Scripts.
- Participates in client meetings to gather business requirements and work with Director to design solutions that meet the requirements.
- Adhere to and implement all aspects of standard software development life cycle (SDLC) tasks including requirements analysis, design, coding, and testing.
- Support other Developers with various duties
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience
- Expertise in Development IDEs and Tools: PyCharm, Visual Studio Code, Git, TFSVC
- Expertise in Database Technologies: Google Cloud Datastore, MySQL, PostgreSQL (T-SQL)
- Knowledge of web development principles
- Passion for web and mobile development
- Strong interest in developing new applications and enhancements to existing applications that satisfy design requirements, conform to established development standards and meet client’s needs
- Understanding the importance of testing, system inspection, documentation, and support
- A firm understanding of branching, merging, and other version control best practices
- Strong skills in analyzing and problem-solving to proactively resolve challenges and issues
- Ability to multitask between small and large projects
- Works well independently and in a team environment
- Embrace challenging projects and capability to evaluate and implement new and emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline i.e. Math, Information Technology
- Windows OS Environment experience
- Java, Objective-C, PHP
- Cross-browser and interface testing experience
- Troubleshooting and debugging internet technologies
- Quality assurance testing experience
About the Company
Onsharp is a Midwestern leader in web design, software & app development, and custom integrations. With over 250 clients throughout the United States and abroad, we are focused on building long-term relationships and delivering world-class solutions for our clients.
- Customer Focused
- Can-Do Attitude
- Having Fun
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities, and abilities.
Onsharp, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Only qualified applicants will be notified.